Sam’s Super Simple Sardinian Style Tuna Pasta
This recipe is very loosely based on a Sardinian recipe I came across when I was trolling through recipe books. I make it frequently mid-week when I need something quick, healthy and tasty. There would be a few Nona's rolling their eyes and tut-tutting as its far the from the original, which has fresh tuna, fresh gnocchi and home made pesto. BUT this is just what I need for weeknight meals when time is short, it can be made quickly and simply from pantry staples and delivers plenty of deliciousness! The recipe is super flexible, you can use any shape pasta you have on hand, add more or less of any of the ingredients to suit your taste. Just don't skimp on the pesto! I hope you like it as much as we do!
- 2T Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Tilligerry Farm Organic garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Pack of Dried Spaghetti (1/2 Pack for 2)
- 1 Tin Italian Cherry Tomato’s or Fresh Ripe Cherry Tomato (400g)
- 2 Tins Ortiz Tuna (1 Tin for 2)
- 2T (or to taste) Salted Capers, Rinse & Pat Dry
- 1 Jar Roza’s Gourmet Pesto (1/2 Jar for 2)
- 2T Toasted Pine Nuts (optional)
- Basil to Garnish (optional)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (optional but highly recommended!)
- Fill a pasta pot with water & place over high heat to bring to boil.
- Once boiling add Pasta and cook until just al dente.
- Meanwhile heat Olive oil & gently fry off onion and garlic until translucent – don’t allow to brown.
- Throw in the Cherry Tomatoes and simmer on low heat.
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Add Drained tin of Tuna and combine.
- Add Cooked Pasta
- Add directly on top of pasta the Pesto, 2nd Tin of drained Tuna (if using) & Capers (sometimes I throw in some fresh cherry tomato in at this step)
- Add a ladle of pasta sauce and mix to combine all ingredients and heat through add extra pasta water if too dry. You want this nice & saucy.
- Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Once well combined serve. I like to sprinkle over toasted pine nuts & basil leaves, drizzle a little olive oil and add a generous grating of Parmigiano Reggiano over the top.
If you feel inspired why not order our Ingredient Pack & tonight's dinner will be sorted. CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR INGREDIENTS PACK