1 Pack of Hungerford Meats Sausages – Fennel and Chilli or Toulouse works also.
1 Jar of Bio Orto Organic Passata
1 Tin of Italianavera Crushed Tomato
½ Teaspoon Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Cup Aneto Chicken Broth
2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
½ to 1 teaspoon of Chilli Flakes depending on taste
1 Brown or Red Onion Diced
300g of preferred pasta my preference Rigatoni or Fusili
Parmigano Reggiono DOP
- Take skin off sausages and heat medium sized heavy based saucepan. Heat butter and when foaming add Sausages and break up into small pieces the pan while cooking. When cooked remove from pan and set aside.
- Put onion into pan cook until softened, add garlic and chilli powder and cook for another 30 seconds (you can also add fresh chopped fennel or Italian herbs if you like).
- Add Sausages back to pan, mix in in Passata, Crushed Tomato and Chicken stock and season with Salt and Pepper, bring to boil. Once boiling, turn heat down and simmer reducing the sauce by about half, stirring regularly.
- Cook Pasta and when cooked take ¾ cup of pasta water and set aside and add pasta to your dish mixing through. Add pasta water to dish and stir to thicken the sauce slightly (not a necessary step but gives sauce a nice glossiness 😊)
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan, Garlic Bread and a glass of Sangiovese!