Lisa's go to Pizza - Chorizo, Mushroom, & Cheese.
For the bases you really can't beat making your own, I make a heap in advance and freeze them individually. Friday morning I take out how many bases I need, put them in a tray (with lotsa space) covered in semolina and pop a moist towel over them. Then they are ready to roll, top and bake. I love Gennaro so I use this recipe- it's easy! Click here to watch
Ingredients toppings only:
- 70g Dried Porcini Mushroom (insert intoxicating aroma)
- 1packet La Boqueria Fresh Chorizo pack sliced (hot or mild- you choose).
- Tin of Passata
- 150g cheese of your choose (more on this later)
- Heat Oven to 200C/180C Fan Forced
- Heat a fry pan with a touch of oil to hot, pop in your Chorizo and quickly fry on each side, they just need colour and texture as they will cook through in the oven. Let them cool completely.
- Add your mushrooms to a bowl of boiling water to cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes to soften, once soft remove and chop.
- Roll out your pizza dough as per the video.
- Cover each base with a few table spoons of passata and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread the mushroom and chorizo evenly around the pizza.
- Top with cheese. Beautiful buffalo mozzarella is amazing but my favourite options when I want to mix it up a little is Tallegio or French goats milk like Chabicou. I often have random left over cheese that I freeze and use up for pizza. No rules here just cheese that will melt
- Cook your pizza until perfect, won't take too long and pour your wine, time to enjoy Pizza night!