Cheese Towers For All Occasions
Turn heads at your next event and take your guests on a cheese experience with a Cheese Tower!
Not only are they impressive, but they are so easy to assemble and once you have displayed and ‘cut the cake’ you can dismantle it onto a cheeseboard to serve as a cheese course, dessert, entrée. Think birthday, anniversary, wedding, Christmas, or any celebration!
How to create your tower;
- Select different types and varying sized wheels of cheese.
- Choose cheese that is at ripe perfection
Work with a cheesemonger to order in advance and ensure you are getting cheese that will be mature when you intend to serve it.
- Take care of choosing pungent smelling cheeses which can permeate the room as they warm up and may not appeal to some guests, but if you fancy stinky then go for it.
- Ensure cheese is refrigerated and well chilled before assembly.
- Aim to assemble the tower as close to presentation time as possible as the cheese warms it becomes soft and can buckle under pressure.
- Arrange the cheese wheels on top of each other in order of size. Position similar size wheels off-centre for interest.
- Use thin round cardboard cake boards and plastic dowel rods from a cake decorating supplier between the layers to support the cheese if it is very soft.
- Consider what you will assemble the cheese on such as a cake board, wooden crate, large platter, cheese board or cake stand.
- Decorate with fresh fruit, muscatels or flowers, depending on the look you want to create. Ensure flowers are clean and insect free and stems have been washed. Secure flowers using florist wire if required. Spray flowers with water before adding to the cheese tower.
- Ribbons, leaves, raffia, fresh fruit or novelty decorations can also be used to add your own personal style.
Check out our customer wedding cheese tower and wedding tower selections here
Enjoy Cheese instead of cake!